Reevesey's recommended reading

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Finally a running blog for running

Following a challenge by text from Elspeth Finlay and Beverley Hope today I have entered a 10k run, in Edinburgh on 17th October.

Sadly, neither of the girls were actually going to do it unless I threw my hat in the ring, such is my power.

So, the gang of four - Elspeth Finlay, Beverley Hope, Fiona Lang and my good self will be hot footing around the gorgeously stunning Hopetoun House on the Cancer Research 10k run.


Starting in front of the stunning Hopetoun House the 10k route takes in the roads and paths of the picturesque venue. Utilising the beautiful grounds around the house it moves out onto the surrounding small farm roads circling the estate. Once back into the venue the route takes in much of the sloping estate grounds where you may see a deer or two on your way past the lying ruins of the historic Hopetoun Estate.

The ground underfoot is a mixture of flat road surfaces, mixed in with uneven soft ground, which take you over the hills and back into the leafy paths of Hopetoun House. This is a cross country route with a road race feeling.

I will therefore be using my running blog as a diary, or blog in the 138 days to the run on October 17th.  So watch and read about my progress over the coming four and a half months.

If you feel you can sponsor me, however small an amount, I am running for the Bobby Moore fund and I would greatly appreciate your support - you can sponsor me here.

The Bobby Moore Fund raises money for bowel cancer research in memory of Bobby Moore who died from the disease. The Fund was set up by Bobby's widow, Stephanie Moore MBE, in partnership with Cancer Research UK in 1993.

To date, the Fund has raised over £12 million pounds, which has the objective of raising money for cutting edge bowel cancer research, and raising awareness of its high risk symptoms. Thank you for helping to tackle bowel cancer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails