Reevesey's recommended reading

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Why Labour MP John McDonnell should not be leader of the Labour Party

Whatever you think of Margaret Thatcher and let's be honest, this is a person who generates feelings from hatred to love, wanting to go back in time to assassinate her is not something you expect of a Labour leadership contender.

John McDonnell had told the GMB union hustings event on Monday evening that he had been asked what single act he would do to improve the world if he could travel back to the 1980s.
John McDonnell replied:
"I said: 'Look, I was on the GMC that Mrs Thatcher abolished, I worked for the NUM and we had the NUM strike, I think I would assassinate Thatcher'."
This really highlights why John McDonnell will should never be leader of the Labour Party.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails